Journey to the Awakening Light within.
Journey to the Awakening Light within
In the Northern hemisphere, many festivals celebrate the returning light around the time of the winter solstice. These celebratory traditions have a long history. The Neolithic peoples of Europe built monuments that were aligned with the Sun at the Winter Solstice. Later, during festivities at the winter solstice, fires were lit to symbolize the heat, light- and life-giving properties of the returning sun. Christians also chose to celebrate the birth of the Christ Child, the light of the world, around the time of the returning sun, on December 25th. The rebirth of light, whether spiritual or temporal, is an active energy at this time of year and can brighten the way forward for each of us during this festive season.
On December 21, we will journey to our own inner light, to re-kindle it in ourselves for the coming year. For many of us, this year has been a year darkened by Covid-19, by lockdowns, illnesses, and the resultant uncertainties that at times, made our social, political, and even home life, insecure.
In this circle, we will take the time to journey to meet with the light that sustains us, the unique brightness that is ours. We will explore
– what needs to be healed
– what smaller fires need to be lit within in order to call back our inner sun
– what needs to be born, nurtured and welcomed, like the Christ-child was
– what needs to be tended to so as to allow our inner light to return to its fullest brightness.
– what needs to be celebrated in our selves
Everyone is Welcome. Click here to register & pay: https://marydiggin.com/product/journey-to-the-awakening-light-within/
Email me for more information: Contact Me
- A Reflection on the Feast of Brigid: Thresholds and Liminal space $25.00
- Bealtaine Eve 2022 Suggested price: $25.00
- Imbolc 2022: $25.00
- Women's Christmas (Nollaig na mBan) Suggested price: $25.00
- Journey to the Awakening Light within $20.00