Journeys to the Healing Well -Series
Journeys to the Healing Well, with Mary Diggin
About Deep Imagery
Imagination is a gift all people have. Some look to it for inspiration for art, or writing, or their creativity. Depth psychologists describe it as a function of human psychology, as part of their psyche. In Deep Imagery, a form of integrative, interactive imagery based on the work of Dr. E.S. Gallegos, we understand imagery as the part of us that knows our inner world intimately and can best guide each of us on the path to our wholeness.
In a deep imagery journey, we call for a guide, which is often an animal, to lead us through what we need to experience in the journey. The direction is always to healing and to whatever can be healed in the journey.
How do I need to prepare?
Mostly, you need to take care of the practicalities.
- Make sure you have a good internet or phone connection in the space where you will journey.
- Be in a space where you will be undisturbed for the duration.
- You may lie down or sit. Whichever you choose, make sure you will be comfortable.
- Have a blanket or some means of staying warm, if you need it.
- Since we are connecting online via Zoom, make sure I will be able to see you or at a minimum, see your face while you journey.